11/8/09

the honda civic cars

After much research, testing and comparing I've come to a decision regarding my next vehicle. It will be the Honda Civic Sport GT, 1.8 VTEC but in metallic black.

I had ruled out the original Civic due to reports about the ride quality, gearbox and that plastic feel. However a stint in a BMW Series 1 confirmed just how plastic cars can become. Taking out the GT I was very impressed with the viewpoint, drivers positions and room for everyone else in the car. This particular model has a variety of options that the BMW could not offer, or could as extras - pushing its price towards £22k.

I was also disappointed with the ride quality of the BMW, the energy saving device which cuts off the engine when you stop and lift the clutch seems a quick fix. The Honda in comparison offers the same fuel consumption and a much better engine from what I could experience.

The whole process has taken longer than I thought, so with us near to the 57 plate we've decided to hold off until they are released. Did manage to obtain some rival quotes from garages and ordering today would probably guarantee you one for late July/early August. So there is little point ordering one now when the new plate is only a month later.
new honda civic
old honda civic
honda civic
honda civic sports
honda civic engine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment